Charging question

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Greencarguy, Oct 31, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Greencarguy

Greencarguy New Member

Is there any setting to see the actual kw being delivered to the car while charging? All I can see is the percent charged and the charged full time.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

No, the SE doesn't report the number of kW pouring or trickling into your battery. You'd have to be using a smart EVSE to determine the charging rate.

Here's what the Owners Manual says about charging information beyond the simple flashing of the LED by the charging port:
    Additional messages about the charging status, for instance the probable end of charging or the planned departure time, can be
    shown in the instrument cluster or on the Control Display.

4. Texas22Step

Texas22Step Well-Known Member

In some places consumption information may be available from the electric utility or some other state web site. For example, here in TX there is a web site sponsored by all of the Retail Electric Providers from which anyone with a "smart" meter can get daily electricity usage reports in as little as 15 minute intervals (www.smartmetertexas.com). However, this is still a fairly clumsy and somewhat difficult path to help you figure out specific consumption of your EV battery, but it is better than nothing if one doesn't have separate metering for the EVSE or a "smart" EVSE (which, in my case, I didn't want to spend extra money for when that extra money would pay for a considerable amount of electricity consumption anyway).

5. Greencarguy

Greencarguy New Member

That is the only thing I prefer from my Bolt that I traded. It was nice to see what use of the heat/AC does to the actual KW going into the battery. Sometimes the level 2 chargers are slow to a point of not making it worth it.

6. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

The only time I've seen amount of kW going into the MINI is at EVSEs that show the info on their displays, like Electrify America or ChargePoint (I don't have a smart EVSE at home).

The MINI app now will show kWh put into your SE after each charge session. It gives you a summary but also you can see individual charging sessions.
    Here's my summary for October.

oct2021charge.jpg

Greencarguy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.