Charging providers now share networks

Discussion in 'General' started by electriceddy, Jun 24, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FLO, ChargePoint, Greenlots and EV Connect have created a new roaming partnership, allowing EV drivers to locate, access and pay for their charging requirements utilizing your favorite networks mobile app.( Free - no added fees or sign ups)
    This will cover ~ 54,000 existing chargers in U.S. and Canada.:cool:
    https://www.axios.com/electric-vehicle-charging-roaming-networks-4bb951e7-5ab0-426a-bd86-c1cee3b55aac.html
    Personally, I use RFID cards - so hoping if I am low on funds in one account, I can now use another networks card that has adequate funds in it. For most who use a phone app, this convenience should make the charging experience a little easier.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    mho likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. It doesn't seem that big a deal to me -- so you only need one app on your phone to pay for charging instead of 3 or 4?

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

And who is going to debug the EV owner stuck at a charging station in a storm at 11 PM?

Oh, I know, the same ones doing it now.

Bob Wilson

5. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

Okay, that helps explain what Chargepoint was telling me a few days ago. Like the tollbooth passes,
    I figured it was only a matter of time. The apps and where to obtain them is still a hairball, but if
    any of their support people have ever actually paid attention to what I've told them they know how
    to fix that.

_H*

6. Interesting, because I find it easy to have 3 or 4 apps (which I do), and I'd rather that than RFID cards........well, different strokes for different folks.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member