Charging Flap Open Error Won't Go Away

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by PGHMini, Nov 24, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. PGHMini

PGHMini New Member

As the title indicates... every time I start my SE, I get an error that the charging flap is open and I have to clear it. Even after clearing the main error, it still displays on the driver's instrument display. The rubber plugs are in place, the door is closed. I have tried force and gently closing it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this to resolve itself without having to go to the dealer for something so silly?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ghost

ghost Active Member

+1
    I'm having this problem now, too. How did you resolve it?

4. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Is it possible there's some debris in the latch? Maybe try some forced air?

5. PGHMini

PGHMini New Member

This is not debris. I have tried so many physical solutions (closing the door slowly, quickly, spraying it out, etc). This HAS to be a software issue of some sort.

Sadly, I haven't gotten it fixed as I haven't had time over the holiday to take it into the dealer. I can tell you, it won't go away. And I've gotten kinda used to the button presses to control the audio with that silly warning message blocking the text on my drivers instrument display.

6. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Willing to bet it’s a chafed wire in the harness behind the plastic shroud of the charge port.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

I bet it is the switch.

9. ghost

ghost Active Member

It's definitely not physically blocked. I think it might be a bad switch.

The error message in the driver's display will not go away and blocks other information, so it's annoying. I'm going to make an appointment to take it in.

10. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Now I want the frown button @Qisl

11. Dipfanatic

Dipfanatic New Member

I have a '22 SE and this past week it started having this issue. The first time, I opened and closed the door and it went off. Every day after that it has remained on. The earliest appointment I could schedule with a loaner was Feb 9 and my dealer is 60 miles away.. I see through some Facebook SE groups this issue is a growing problem with a lot of members reporting it happening to them as well. From what I know from owners who had it repaired it was over 2 weeks waiting on the parts, as they are in Germany. Others have reported it breaking multiple times... Mini needs to fix their ****!

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. ghost

ghost Active Member

I took mine in, and they ordered a new charger flap/door. I noticed that it hasn't been locking, which is probably why I'm getting the error. I would love to see inside to find out what's going wrong w/ the flap.