Charging curve comparison

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by electriceddy, Sep 4, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. This comparison including popular EVs...That's us ,the little blue line way at the bottom:D

[​IMG][​IMG]

Hyundai E-GMP (Ionic 5 etc) can be placed on the curve above Audi e-tron

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
    Kirk likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Genevamech

Genevamech Active Member

Maybe tangentially related, but I recently noticed that the Kona will briefly drop charging power way way down at 90% even when charging at Level 2 (7.5kw). The pause lasts maybe a minute or two (Chargepoint's data resolution is not great). My car has had the BMS and other software updates related to the recall, not sure if that's relevant but it could be.

Anyway I knew it did this kind of thing when DCFC from online reviews, but thought it funny it also does it on L2.

[​IMG]

(Note: Chargepoint counts "elapsed time" starting from when I plug in, which was around 3:45PM, but actual charging doesn't start until 11PM as you can see in the graph - does not take 13+ hours to charge haha!)

Kirk likes this.
  4. Anaglypta

Anaglypta Active Member

UK
    Screenshot_20220212-151953_Bright(1).jpg

This is from a home charge on my 2019 Kona which has had all the BMS updates. The graph is from the electric meter so you will see the house baseload reflected in it.:) Interesting step down as it approaches 100% (resolution sample once a minute)

John.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
    Kirk, Domenick and Ginginova like this.