Chargepoint CPH50 issues

Discussion in 'Kia EV6' started by KevinCT, Aug 13, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. KevinCT

KevinCT New Member

My EV6 is only charging at 2 KWs (50A charger w/60A breaker, #6 THHN wire, installed in garage). Have tried settings and resets with no luck, Chargepoint sent replacement charger, same issue. Chargepoint told me the charger is de rated by 20% so 50A x 80% x 240V = 9.6 kW is what I should be getting. I also have an issue with the unit requiring reset after every use; the bottom left side light is red, charger does not work until reboot. Chargepoint said the red light does not impact use but it never works after the bottom left side light is red. Chargepoint sent replacement unit and I received the recent Kia software update, same issues. Anyone else experiencing this? Thanks

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

Oh boy, there's such a can of worms here. First, on going to investigate poking through a manual for
    the unit because I didn't know anything about it, Chargepoint's website has about the stupidest way
    one has to go about downloadimg a PDF. And they only seem to have an installation guide.

Then, on learnimg that the ONLY way to configure the thing is to have it on the internet and use yet
    another app, the best I can recommend is scrap the thing and buy an EVSE you can have direct
    control of.

I tried to help out a little, but you've gone too far down a dark path.

_H*