Charge Rate

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by BobS, Oct 25, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. BobS

BobS Active Member

Is there any way of knowing what rate the battery is being charged when plugged in?

Is there ant way of knowing how many KWH's have been charged during a charging session?

I like that you can bypass the internal charge timer by opening the charge door with the key fob.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ClarityDoc

ClarityDoc Active Member

My guess is that you're asking about getting the data directly from your Clarity or HondaLink, but it's worth noting that the ChargePoint app gives you these data when using a CP EVSE. I'm sure some other EVSEs can, too.

Sent using Inside EVs mobile app

4. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

Yes the Juice box Pro 40 keeps those records too.

5. jorgie393

jorgie393 Well-Known Member

As noted above, there’s no way from Hondalink that has been reported to work that I know of. The following workarounds have been done:

-for Level 1 chargers, a KillAWatt type monitor
    -for Level 2, the charger itself (at hone) will record and log depending on the exact charger. I also have a ChargePoint and love it for this reason. Mostly this is what you pay for with more expensive chargers.
    -There are individual-circuit measuing devices to measure current, but you’d need to be comfortable installing in circuit box
    -There are whole-house current monitors such as the Sense and competitors. I happen to have this and can see how much preconditioning uses (and therefor how much heating the car while driving must use-900w or so this AM)
    -and of course: looking at the electrical meter before and after you plug in.