Charge eta quirk

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by pictsidhe, Dec 17, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

It's 4:45pm Saturday. I am giving my SE an unscheduled charge as I'm going out tonight, it's sucking 7.2kW, as usual.
    Display is telling me I'll be fully charged on Monday at 7:15am. Yes, that's when my next climate control session ends...
    I am sure every other time I've just plugged it up, it has shown a very good estimate of when my charge will hit 100%
    What gives? IMG_20221217_164625330.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Quiet Mini

Quiet Mini Well-Known Member

What does the app say?

4. I’ve noticed that as well. It seems, mini displays next departure time when it’s set, otherwise shows estimated charge completion time.

5. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

This. I experience the same thing.

e22mini likes this.
  6. pictsidhe

When I fast charge, I'm sure that it shows a realistic time.
    Mostly, I charge on the EVSE timer to stop charging when I leave. Climate control is always scheduled for weekdays.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Puppethead

Fast charging seems to ignore the charge mode setting. Last time I stopped for a DC charge I inadvertently left my SE in "charge in time slot" setting, but the car did the DC fast charge immediately anyway.

9. Charge in time slot (and departure time) is applicable for AC charging only.

DC fast charge is always charge immediately.

GetOffYourGas likes this.
  10. pictsidhe

Mine is always in charge immediately. Timing is done by my EVSE. That way I can charge to 80-odd %
    Last top up gave a realistic ETA. All I did was whine about here...

11. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

I have the juice box at home. I have the car set to charge immediately and the juice box to start at 7:02 PM because low rates start at 7:00 PM. if I want to top off the tank I tell the juice box to start now.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Puppethead

It would be nice if there was a location component to the charge window. I want to use a charge window at home but always want charge immediate for public EVSEs.

F14Scott and e22mini like this.