Change consumption units: mi/kWh to Wh/mi?

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by davidtm, Jun 6, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

I've been through all the screens and set up menus, to no avail. Am I missing it somewhere, or is it just not possible?

TIA

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. StuartE

StuartE New Member

I'm perplexed by the question. I guess this is Kia's way of trying to offer something equivalent to mpg. In Canada we use km, so our readout is kWh/100km. Silly me, but I just assumed you'd get the equivalent with miles. If Wh/mi isn't available and you can live with the quick math (100km = 62 mi), maybe kWh/100km might be an available option.

4. I don't think they thought about people wanting to change that display. I'm unaware of such a setting in the Kona, thus is probably unavailable in it's brother.

5. Robert Besen

Robert Besen Member

I know it's not what you're looking for, and forgive me if this is obvious to you, but you can get Whr/mi by dividing 1000 by the mi/kWhr shown on the screen. As an example 5 mi/kWhr is 1000 divided by 5 or 200 Whr/mi. I agree it would be nice if you could set the car to show this.

6. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

Thanks all for your responses. I have decided that the slight scientific snobbishness regarding distance/fuel being less elegant than fuel/distance is not worth the extra mental calculations. ;)

7. To remove this ad click here.