CHAdeMO and CCS Adapters for Tesla

Discussion in 'Model Y' started by HGTZ, Jun 2, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I just got delivered my new Tesla Model Y, :)
    But it didn't come with a CHAdeMO adapter which I remember was included in older models.
    I believe Tesla stopped including them sometime ago and I didn't know.
    Anyway, Do you know of any good CHAdeMO or CCS adapters for when traveling to areas where there is no convenient Tesla Superchargers near by?
    Thanks

UnpluggedWBchat_ likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

There are 'reports' but no trustable products. There has been one claim of ordering a CCS-to-Tesla adapter from Korea and hacking the Tesla to accept a charge. Happily, I have no need for a CCS-1 adapter.

Could you give a nearby city and destination so I can look at what is available?

Bob Wilson

HGTZ likes this.
  4. Thanks for the comments.
    I don't have a destination planned right now.
    We are thinking of taking a road trip from Houston to Colorado, but no firm plans yet.
    For now I will plan the trip ensuring Superchargers are in the long trips and Destination Chargers at the stops.
    Thanks

5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

I recommend using PlugShare.com for trip planning. Some like "A Better Route Planner" but I could not easily tailor my route and stops. For example:
    upload_2022-6-3_10-31-24.png
    With two drivers, no problem to drive in one day. But I would recommend reaching either Amarillo or Clayton and staying at a motel with free breakfast and charging. PlugShare can help find affordable motels with free, overnight charging.

Bob Wilson

Frank K likes this.
  6. Tesla now sells a CCS adapter. I just ordered one for my 2023. You need to verify your year supports CCS charging, there will be retrofit kits from Tesla for older models in 2023.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. PapaWangsta

PapaWangsta Member

Congrats with your new toy! Tesla never included CHAdeMO adapter or CCS adapter in US. Used to included mobile connector. now you'll have to purchase it separately. It's def. convenient carry extra adapters like CCS and J1772. Just bought the Hansshow CCS adapter for $168.

HGTZ likes this.