Car Net now "My VW" issues logging on

Discussion in 'ID.4' started by BRog64, Apr 6, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. BRog64

BRog64 New Member

anyone having issues with logging onto the new My VW app--mine keeps sending me back to "enter your PIN". My dealer doesn't respond to my emails much.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SueMC

SueMC New Member

You would have chosen a PIN when you first set up the CarNet app. You do have to input that now every time you want to use the app, or in my case the iphone lets me use my thumbprint ID. Maybe they figure it's a necessary added layer of security. Is the issue that you don't know your PIN? If so, I think you can go to your account settings in the app (lower right corner pic of a person) to reset it.

4. David Towle

David Towle Well-Known Member

I've charged the car twice since I changed to the new app, and both times the charging shut off 4-5 times before the car got to 80%. I'm wondering if the app gives out erroneous stop charging signals. Anyone else? I guess the way to test if the app is the problem is to shut off my phone while its charging. Make sense? BTW my old PIN works fine still.

5. SueMC

SueMC New Member

David I have not had that issue charging with the new app. If this is happening to you only while charging at home (as opposed to Electrify America) then yes try shutting off your phone while charging. If it still happens, my guess is something goofy with your charger or outlet.

6. David Towle

David Towle Well-Known Member

The charger shutting off happened again even when I shut off the phone. Then the next time I left the phone omn and it charged fine through the whole cycle. So no explanation yet maybe the charger just had some bad days.

7. To remove this ad click here.