Can't Register my Clarity on the Honda EV Owner's Site

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by vicw, May 29, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. vicw

vicw Active Member

Shortly after I bought the Clarity PHEV in January, I removed my old Odyssey from the Honda Owner's site <Owners.Honda.com>, and tried to register the Clarity. I tried many times with no progress, and the Honda rep couldn't get it to work either. The car would appear to register, but would not be there on any subsequent attempt to confirm it.

A month or two later, they added the <EV. Owners.Honda.com> site, but I was never able to register on that either. At that point, any reference to the Clarity on the old Owners site pushes me off to the EV Owner's site. After several attempts, I gave up after that, but I just decided to try it again, months later, hoping it has been fixed, but still no success.

Am I alone with this problem? I didn't notice any other threads on the subject. It's quite frustrating.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

Nope, I can't register the car on my account either. It won't "stick" when I enter the vehicle information. I have no idea what's going on, but I gave up and am just using Hondalink.

However, I don't have some plug-ins (like Adobe Flash) on my Mac for security reasons. That limits what can be done with some web sites.

4. vicw

vicw Active Member

It's good to know that I'm not alone with the problem. I do have Adobe Flash installed to support my NPAPI cameras, so I don't think that is the issue.

The problem seems to be isolated to the Clarity, or perhaps any of the EV variants. Back in February, a Honda tech replicated the problem using my ID and password, confirming the specifics of the issue. He said he could see that I had entered the data 7 times, at that point, but it couldn't be seen as a User. I'm amazed that it hasn't been resolved in all of this time, and it seems that nobody seems to be complaining about it, at least I haven't found any posts on the subject.

I wouldn't mind too much, except that it really complicates things like ordering manuals, and potentially other tracking activity. I ended up ordering the manuals after multiple attempts, by phone back in March.