Canadian service bulletins aren’t the same as recalls

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Akinto, Jul 26, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Akinto

Akinto Member

i called Toronto Honda to ask if they would do the updates re HV range and multiple error warnings. I mentioned J-20-18, the HV range fix.

Because it’s not on the recall list for my VIN, they wouldn’t do it.

I then spoke to the service advisor, who told me the only reason I was worried about it was that I was on the internet. I asked him not to be demeaning.

He said that service bulletins are for mechanics. They help guide their work.
    So how do I get my software updated before my road trip?

Is the multiple error warnings fix out in Canada? Does it have a number?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

Call the dealer and tell them that your HV range is way off and inaccurate. Tell them it is displaying close to 1000 miles on a tank of gas. They will need to address it and update the software. That was how i got the update.
    As for the other issue, they will only fix it with an update if the car had had the warnings before.

Akinto and Viking79 like this.
  4. Candice

Candice Active Member

I had to fill out an online request for service and I just put the service bulletin number thinking it would be obvious. When I showed up at the dealership, the service adviser said they only fix things that are from a problem so I explained that it was a problem for me to not know how many miles of gas I had left and that I almost ran out of gas because the range was so far off. If I had put that in my online request, they would have been better informed. Lesson learned by me to give more info but I was ready with what the problem was because I read it on this forum.

Akinto likes this.