Canada - Southern Ontario Cruise/Meet

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Brennan Raposo, Aug 30, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

Interested in a meet/cruise before summers end?

1. Yea! Sign me up

100.0%
  2. Not this year

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Brennan Raposo

Brennan Raposo Well-Known Member

Hey all,
    Just putting the feelers out there to see if there's any interest in a southern Ontario cruise/meet for Hyundai Kona owners. I've been invited to several Tesla cruises but have not been welcomed with my Kona so I've had to ride with friends in their Tesla's.

I know there aren't many of us here, but the invite would extend to our American friends from Upstate New York and anyone else willing to make the drive. I'm also not brand-ist, so if there's any interest from owners of other EV brands - the more the merrier.

eastpole and Wildeyed like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ehatch

ehatch Active Member

Maybe do it in conjunction with National Drive Electric Week: https://driveelectricweek.org/

Tesla drive in event,all EVs invited:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tesla-owners-ontario-drive-in-movie-event-members-tickets-66922642425

eastpole likes this.
  4. Brennan Raposo

Hmm interesting! You'd think there'd be more events scheduled for drive electric week. The only one in the area looks to be in Cambridge.
    I'm also a little surprised to see such little interest for an event. I thought there'd be too many attendees to handle lol!
    I'll keep this up regardless and hope that a few more people chime in.

The Tesla one doesn't sound all that interesting. I was hoping to cruise some nice country roads through Hamilton/Burlington/Oakville/Milton. Perhaps grab a meal somewhere and fill a parking lot! Not just sit and watch a movie.

5. Bugblndr

Bugblndr Member

I've got plans on the 21st so the Cambridge meet is out as is the Drive-In. Was going to go to the 5 Drive In on Sunday but the light early evening rain cancelled those plans. I will get out at some point before they close for the year, now that I have a car that will actually work at a Drive-In.

ehatch and Brennan Raposo like this.
  6. Brennan Raposo

lol good point about the drive-in. No fumes, no running your car for warmth!
    I think if there's no interest here I'll be joining the Cambridge meet - seems like there's a good crowd!

Bugblndr and ehatch like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Bugblndr

Bugblndr Member

I could be interested, but 2 cars doesn't make for a great meet and greet and convoy. Perhaps we'll have more of us next year!

Brennan Raposo likes this.
  9. ehatch

ehatch Active Member

@Bugblndr @Brennan Raposo Konas are so new still.Suspect shipments further impeded in a non ZEV zone like Ontario,including having NDEW events within Toronto. May be late,but September 8: Brampton ON -
    CAA Centre ,10:30 am - 2:30 pm, IN SUPPORT OF "Cruising for a Cure"

Great EV organization ----> https://wreva.ca/ev-events

Bugblndr likes this.
  10. ehatch

ehatch Active Member

Not suffocating in CO is a good thing ;) We Kona EVs have utility mode to keep comfortable. Tesla, camper mode. Since owning an EV, I own a self inflating sleeping mat [REI, Mountain Warehouse*], plus silk sleeping bag liner for road trips,napping...

Bugblndr likes this.
  11. Bugblndr

Bugblndr Member

My issue with my CMax wasn't with running the ICE engine. I've done that for many years at the Drive-In when necessary, never an issue. The issue was, with the CMax there was no way to listen to the radio and hence the movie without the DRL's being turned on. I pulled every fuse and relay I could in both panels, and still no luck. Ford of Canada confirmed to me that I was SOL.

That said, Utility mode is awesome. I used it for 7 hours on Monday and it did what it was supposed to.

ehatch and electriceddy like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. You can also have it in "run" mode with the EPB engaged to shut off the DRLs

14. robxb

robxb Active Member

Count me in once I get my Kona in December (for future meetups).. If fast-charging is still free at Petro-Canada in Milton, why not do it there? :p

ehatch likes this.
  15. ehatch

ehatch Active Member

Real danger for EV owners. Gaining pounds... Chargers are always where food's located :rolleyes: I have never snacked so much,'til I got my first EV.