Canada bZX4 pricing announced

Discussion in 'bZ4X' started by R P, Apr 12, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. This pricing is exactly identical to the Ioniq 5 top trip (with the extra package). The latter is clearly a better value with the faster charging. But it does not have off-road capabilities.

upload_2022-4-12_10-30-45.png

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. 150 kW for the FWD (Panasonic 71.4 kWh pack) and even slower for the AWD versions ( CATL 72.8 kWh pack). Surprising they went with 2 manufactures
    "Due to what Toyota execs characterized as supply-chain challenges, the single- and dual-motor versions of the bZ4X use different battery cells from different makers. The base FWD model uses a 71.4-kilowatt-hour pack with cells from Panasonic, while the AWD version uses a Chinese-made battery pack of 72.8 kWh using CATL cells. This explains a difference in their charging rates: the front-drive model charges at rates up to a quoted 150 kilowatts, while the maximum possible rate quoted for the AWD pack is only 100 kW."

4. Well, as we know the Nero and Kona had different suppliers, too, although the specs were the same.

There is a lot of conflicting info out there about the Solterra and bZ4X with the different reviewers and "brochure" specs. Will have to wait until they officially publish them on their company websites. And then the real world tests will happen after the initial customer deliveries when we will learn the real truth.

I put in a pre-order today for the bZ4X, but with some slight differences, it does not sound as good as the Solterra. All my pre-orders are refundable, and will have a lot more time before I ever see and test drive one. So will just have to wait and see.

I have a much better idea about the Ioniq 5 as I was actually able to test drive one, and it has been in customer hands for about a year now. So I am more confident with that one.