California Clean Fuel Reward

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by quietlyspinach, Feb 25, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. quietlyspinach

quietlyspinach Active Member

https://cleanfuelreward.com/find-your-ev/eligible-electric-cars

According to this, the 2021 and 2020 Mini Cooper SE is eligible for a $1500 reward (this is applied for by the dealership, and is discounted when you purchase the car). The 2022 is not yet listed. I'm wondering if anyone in California has gotten word from their dealer if this is actually available to them. I haven't placed my order yet, but my dealer said that if doesn't explicitly list the 2022 on there when he submits the rebate paperwork, it will get rejected.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. quietlyspinach

bldxyz - did you ask your dealer about this?

4. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

Sorry I missed this. I think we handled this in the other thread.

Answer: the Clean Fuel Reward folks said a dealer had contacted them about adding the 2022, and it should be in place on the site by April.

5. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

I just checked with CleanFuelReward by chat, and received this mixed message:

“Although the vehicle is eligible we are still working to have them added, There is no time frame i can offer. I'm sorry about that.”

They said that if the car comes before it is on their site, either I (as the buyer) or the dealer could contact them. I’m not 100% sure, but it sounds like they will support the price break.

quietlyspinach likes this.
  6. quietlyspinach

FYI I also just talked with the Clean Fuel Rewards via the website chat. They told me "We are currently working to have that model added to the eligible vehicle list. What I can do is take down your information and reach out to you once it is listed as an eligible vehicle."

Hopefully it gets done in time for us!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

Awesome!

It would be super cool if you post back here when they let you know something!

I may have a delay in picking mine up. I have a trip planned (that I had hoped to have the car beforehand so I could even drive it there). However, since it may not be ready before I go, I may have to get it afterwards. That could put my pickup in the last week of April.

It might help them to know when the first 2022s hit the East Coast, since the question they keep asking me when I chat with them is "when will it be released?" I don't really know how to answer that question, given that the cars have been built and are on ships to the U.S. Does "released" mean when cars reach a dealership? Does it mean when there is some sort of official announcement?

Whatever. Worst case is I wait to pick mine up. A week or so vs. $1500? Sure!

9. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

Since it is possible I will pick up my car on Sunday, I chatted with the Clean Fuel Reward people.

Upshot is: it doesn't have to be on the website for the dealer to apply the Reward. It only needs to be a vehicle with a battery capacity of greater than 5Kw. More or less, they said to have the dealer process the discount.

10. quietlyspinach

Thanks bldxyz - hopefully that's all it takes! I'll warn my MINI dealer that's what I plan on doing too since I'm probably a few weeks after you. Best of luck and thanks for the follow up post!

11. bmartinez028

bmartinez028 Active Member

The 2022 has been added!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. quietlyspinach

Yay! Just in time!

14. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

That's really good news! One less thing to worry about. Yippee!

15. MiniJimmy

MiniJimmy Member

Indeed! Thanks for sharing!!

16. quietlyspinach

I see you picked up your car - no issues getting the rebate applied I presume?

The car looks great!

bldxyz likes this.
  17. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

No issues whatsoever. Just paperwork to sign.

bmartinez028 and quietlyspinach like this.
  18. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

Just be sure your dealer is on the program.

quietlyspinach likes this.