Cabin temperature?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by RobinBrain, Jun 20, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. RobinBrain

RobinBrain Member

The temperature on the display is the outside temperature correct? How do you determine what's the inside temperature. Other than the temperature you select when using the AC is it possible to tell if your heating or Cooling without putting your hand in front of the vents? On my old Honda you had the turn knob blue was AC red was Heat

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

The HVAC system is rather sophisticated. It takes data from a number of sensors, including your thermostat setting, the sunlight sensor, the inside thermometer sensor, the outside thermometer sensor, etc, and blends heat and A/C to meet your settings on driver and passenger sides. The outside thermometer and your thermostat settings are the only numbers you can see.

4. RobinBrain

RobinBrain Member

Is there any way to see how much energy the climate System is using? I know range goes down when using heat more then when using the AC, but can you see how much?

5. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Maybe add a hygrometer to that list of sensors. I think I read that in some doc that was posted that it also uses humidity levels.

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

No, the Clarity doesn't want to confuse you with too much information. /s

Shawn Ligocki likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

That is helpful information as I am trying to isolate an intermittent "scratching" sound that I sometimes hear coming from the passenger footwell, at least from the driver's seat that's the direction that it seems to be coming from. I initially didn't think it was related to HVAC because when I turned it off I still heard the sound. But I think previously I wasn't turning it off completely since that's not so easy to determine when you are still learning the system, I mean this car requires a page of instructions just to run fan only. I am pretty certain now that I never hear the sound when HVAC is off. Although it doesn't always make the noise when HVAC is on.

I eventually found that I don't hear the sound when AC is blowing cold, i.e. if I set the temperature to 60's which is lower than my normal temp of 72. So I started thinking it may be related to the heater, which I thought maybe was coming on by mistake but I already starting thinking maybe there is blending going on at times, which your post seems to confirm. Although I can only imagine blending making sense for defrost purposes, but I have only once or twice run the windshield defroster so it's not related to that. Unless blending is to keep humidity levels down? We're not quite to hot and humid in Georgia but it has been 80's with some humidity. Sorry I can't say for sure whether it is related to outside temperature or humidity, I will probably start tracking that.

Sorry also that I don't have a better description of the sound, I say scratching because the first time that I heard it I literally thought a mouse had gotten into the glovebox or under the dash. In some ways it reminds me of the sound of a refrigerator defrosting, not so much that it sounds like that, I don't want to throw anyone off, but just meaning those odd internal intermittent sounds that you can't really isolate what they are. I have tried to record it but not much success yet, I will post a recording if I can get a good one. I keep thinking it's not a normal sound because as quiet as this car is it's really the only odd sound that I hear and I'm pretty sure at least someone else would have asked about it, but I haven't searched through all the old threads yet. As for loudness, for comparison it's not quite as loud as the brake pedal relay, but one time I could hear it over the radio, mainly because I recognized it and it must have been louder than usual as I don't normally hear it over the radio.