Brake Problems

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Annai1, Jan 31, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Annai1

Annai1 New Member

Clarity brakes seem to be a total let down so far. Took it to dealer and they are saying everything is fine. but I am not satisfied. here is what i am facing. when I take my foot off the brake pedal I hear a "Grrrr" noise. when I release the pedal slowly I hear that "Grrrrrr" noise on a prolonged basis, as if something is grinding or something is super tight or something. I am not sure if I am explaining it correctly, but it only happens when I release my foot of the brake pedal. Not sure if it coming from front or rear brakes either.

No noise when I press the brake and the vehicle stops fine. very annoying. wondering if anyone else having the same problem?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

A few days after I first got mine, I had to hit the brakes hard to avoid an idiot in front of me who decided to make an abrupt stop and turn into a roadside lot without blinking or even slowing down first. Immediately afterwards, I was hearing grinding and the car seemed sluggish when trying to accelerate, as if the brakes were stuck. I pulled over and turned it off and back on, and it didn't do it again. The dealer couldn't find anything wrong with it. It hasn't happened again, but I've only had to slam on the brakes once since then.

4. LAF

LAF Active Member

had mine for over a year and never experienced what you have. clearly something needs to be fixed

clarityowner12 and KentuckyKen like this.
  5. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    So, what did the dealer say? Did they not hear what you heard? The way you are describing it, it sounds like it is repeatable. Also, a grinding noise from brakes would never be considered normal. Maybe a trip to another dealer?

clarityowner12 likes this.
  6. Annai1

Annai1 New Member

I took to two dealers. once said they couldnt reproduce the noise and when i offered to do a ride along, they said they are busy. so naturally i took to another SoCal dealer and they heard the noise, and said its normal in all claritys due to regen. braking or something. I may take it to a 3rd dealer. IMHO, so far, these Honda Dealers are just a disgrace to Honda brand.

insightman and Ceetee like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.