Brake pedal sensitivity?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by thesilvad, Jul 9, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. thesilvad

thesilvad New Member

Whenever I am using cruise control on my 2023 Cooper SE, I noticed that I have to depress the brake pedal pretty far before it disengages it. Far enough to where the car is actually braking. I probably have to depress it about an inch… which seems a bit too much. Previous vehicles I’ve owned disengage it with the slightest tap, before the point of activating the brakes. I also tested this out when in neutral to see if the car rolls while slightly depressing the brakes. The brakes work, but the actual brake lights don’t come on until I depress the pedal further than an inch or so. This isn’t normal, right?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Jim In Tucson

Jim In Tucson Well-Known Member

Try operating your SE with high regen one pedal driving and use the pause button on the steering wheel to deactivate the cruz.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

GvilleGuy, Puppethead and zellsun like this.
  4. thesilvad

thesilvad New Member

Doing that as an alternative works fine for disengaging cruise… but have you experienced the same behavior? Are you able to tap the brakes and have your brake lights come up or disengage cruise? I have to step on the brake pedal pretty far down for it to do either.