Bollinger price announced

Discussion in 'Bollinger B2 Pickup' started by Domenick, Oct 24, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. If the Bollinger wasn't niche enough, the price tag will seal the deal on its exclusivity. How's $125,000 sound?

Sounds expensive to me but, if I had tons of disposable cash I still might be tempted to let some of it go for this. Obviously, though, this is not a proposition suitable for ever lover of rugged, capable trucks.

Is the niche Bollinger is attempting to carve out big enough to sustain it? I hope so, but it remains to be seen how the interest holds after this bit of news.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. interestedinEV

interestedinEV Well-Known Member

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I share your sentiment and that it is unlikely there is enough of a niche. The funny thing is that the founder wanted a truck for his farm and not too many farmers will pay that for a truck, may not even that for combine/tractor. But they are looking to sell only a 1000 units, which they might but cannot see it as commercially viable.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/09/27/detroits-newest-automaker-bollinger

The firm was founded by Robert Bollinger, who was unhappy with the conventional trucks he was using on his farm and decided in 2015 to “reinvent trucks, not just electrify them.” Bollinger Motors is currently self-financed by its namesake, who had a successful career in the hair care industry. As a youth, Bollinger wanted to become a car designer and now he has the means to live out his dream. Now that the beta prototypes are completed, the startup will have a round of funding from potential investors.

Initial production is planned for 1000 units annually combined for both vehicles, though Bollinger Motors chief engineer Karl Hacken indicated that the design was scaleable should demand call for greater production. Bob Bollinger told Hagerty that he hopes to decide on the location of a Detroit area assembly plant by the end of the year. Production is planned to begin sometime in 2021.

Domenick likes this.