Body Plug Pics

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Young J Kwak, Jul 30, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Young J Kwak

Young J Kwak Member

This is in regards to the recent Predelivery inspection checklist post where the 4 x Body plugs were noted to be missing on several forum members' vehicles.

I just had them installed at the dealer (they mentioned that some of the claritys did not even get delivered to them with this part).

Pictured are the Front and Rear plugs. They fit the shape properly.

There are notably many more "holes" in the tube / hollow framing.
    In regards to road noise difference, I did not note much of a difference at 60 or 70mph.

IMG_3438.JPG
    IMG_3439.JPG

VTSAX, Numbernine and Smitty74 like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. tim

tim Member

I tried looking for either the plugs or the holes and had trouble finding them, but I'm probably looking in the wrong place. Where are the holes located, relative to the tires and sides of the car? Thanks.

4. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

They are located behind the jack points (towards the middle of the car) a few inches inside the wheels. They are difficult to see, have to really get down low.

5. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

The plugs come with the front license plate holder kit. They are supposed to be installed by the dealer as part of their PDI, since the holes are used for transport. There is a thread that shows the whole PDI and includes the locations. It's easier to see the front ones.

6. Techdup

Techdup New Member

Went back to the dealer to get my body plugs installed as these weren't installed during the PDI even though the it was checked off as done. They also did not adjust my tire pressure to the recommended 36 psi. When I measured it was 45 psi. Was wondering why the ride felt stiff over bumps.

David A likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Did your dealer know your car had a rechargeable battery?

9. Techdup

Techdup New Member

I sure hope so. Thank goodness I love this car because I feel there may be some growing pains associated with servicing.

10. Yes, almost impossible to see. The front two weren't too bad. I could actually see them. The back ones I would say are impossible to see unless the car is jacked up. The PDI PDF (https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?attachments/clarity-pdi-pdf.1713/) shows where they are. I had to use my phone to take a picture because I couldn't wedge my head under the car far enough to see them. :)

11. Old thread, I know, but I just checked the tire pressures on the Clarity we picked up yesterday and they were all in the vicinity of 45 psi. Took them all down to the specified 36 psi. Going to go look for the plugs now.

edited to add: Yep! All there.

For reference:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Steven B

Steven B Active Member

After adjusting tire pressure (up or down), recommended to "calibrate" the TPMS again. Under Vehicle Settings somewhere as I recall.

14. Thanks. I found that when perusing all the myriad menus and did that.

15. ozy

ozy Active Member

I just passed my cell phone and hands under my car and it seems as if the plugs are not there. All I see (and feel) are a few oval looking holes. I assume that those are where the plugs should go into?

16. Yes. I found the holes relatively easy to spot, lying on the ground with a bright flashlight and guided by the illustrations provided here. And mine were in place, BTW.

17. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Here's Honda's underbody plug illustration:

upload_2019-1-11_13-48-6.png

18. ozy

ozy Active Member

Yes, they forgot to put this in mine also. Gave me a really hard time about it. I took it to the dealer and asked for the plugs. They acted as if they had no idea what I was talking about until I pulled out the PDI and showed them. They started looking at the document as if they were staring at the dead sea scrolls or the magna carta. After a long while they asked me to wait in the parking lot. Half an hour later somebody came out and told me that I should have arranged an appointment and left the car for this to be "fixed". At this point I started to act more belligerently which actually worked very nicely. The guy fled to the safety of the dealership and after a while somebody else came out. This one knew about body plugs and was actually carrying them with him. He installed them while I waited. When he was done I attempted to press my luck and asked him about SB bulletins and version numbers and battery capacity ie: all the other stuff on the PDI. I figured that if they forgot the plugs perhaps they didn't' do the other things either. He had no idea what I was talking about and told me that I needed to locate my original sales manager. I got the impression that after they made a sale they really didn't care that much anymore about their valued clients.