Bluelink remote HVAC start

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by HepKona, Jul 29, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. HepKona

HepKona Member

I’m curious if anyone else has been experiencing this. The “remote start” functionality for the HVAC has been worki g intermittently at best. They replaced the head unit (?) last month, so now I have the new vacuum tube radio display, but it still only occasionally works. Am I alone on this island here or are there a bunch of us?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. PRGDénia

PRGDénia Member

I drive a Kona electric in Spain and I use the remote HVAC start basically every day because in temperatures at 30⁰C plus it's a godsend to get into a pre-chilled car. The app always works but with a minor quirk. I send the HVAC start command and after about a minute it ALWAYS comes back and reports that HVAC has failed to start. But if you then request a status update it will show 99 times out of a 100 that the HVAC has indeed started and, sure enough, when I get back to the car it is lovely and cool. But mostly, after getting the HVAC fail response, I just resend the HVAC start command again. Why? Because it almost immediately responds with a HVAC start success message and this is actually quicker than doing the status update to check. So it always seems to work ok for me, but with the quirks as described. Hope this helps. BTW, I thought a new Blue Link app was due out soon?

4. HepKona

HepKona Member

Mine always comes back as successful, but when I walk out to the car, there are no lights on any of the climate buttons and when I open the door, it has most definitely not been on.

5. PRGDénia

PRGDénia Member

When you get the success response have you done a status update request?
    If so, what does it show?

6. KonaScot

KonaScot Active Member

It's intermittent for me, even though I get a success message back after a remote start via the app. Mostly it works.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. This is probably a stupid question but are your climate preferences set up properly? Blue Link hardly ever works for me. The timeouts are so frequent I could manually turn the climate on go inside and come back out in less time.

9. HepKona

HepKona Member

I assume so, where are the preferences you mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

11. HepKona

HepKona Member

OK, just checking. Yes. I have 4 presets under Climate Start, plus a climate start w/o preset options. None seem to make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Great. Figured, but at least you can rule that out.

14. Has anyone else failed to get a Bluelink Monthly Health Report for the past two months? It's been very regular for two years but now... nothing.

Seadog1272 likes this.
  15. HepKona

HepKona Member

Just doublechecked and I have received both Sept & Oct.

Wildeyed likes this.
  16. I haven't received the monthly reports for Sept or October

Wildeyed likes this.
  17. Got my Oct one just the other day. I don't really pay much attention to them, and not sure how good all the info is. Does it make sense that my Regenerated Power is 79% of my Total Power Consumption?

Wildeyed likes this.
  18. I sent an email to Bluelink support. I'll see if they respond.

19. Do you only drive downhill? ;)

20. Did you check your junk mail folder?

21. The notifications come via email but the reports themselves are archived on Bluelink itself. I've received neither for two months.

22. Not sure when you got your Kona. Is your subscription still valid?

23. I haven't passed either 3 or 5 years (can't remember which applies) so it's still active.