Bluelink "outage" or issues sending ADDRESS to Car?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Tim94549, Feb 26, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

SO this has been going on for several weeks now. Using either the Bluelink APP or their WEB SITE, I input an Address for my NAV, I get a response that it was "SUCCESSFULLY SENT TO CAR". I power up my car and the usual pop-up never comes up asking me if I want to set "this address" as my destination. So I have to manually enter it into the NAV System.

Anyone else seeing this? I tried calling (worthless) BLUELINK SUPPORT only to get a msg that they're experiencing "high volume calls" & "ISSUES". I didn't want to wait on HOLD for 10-20 mins to chat with anyone YET. And emails to them never get respoinded to. This thing is so problematic. And to think they want $30/month once our trial period is over. hmmmph.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Yes, it's been happening here also. Oddly, several days later my NAV screen appears at startup asking if I want to set the address as destination. It appears to be considerably delayed, but no clue why. Like you, I'm not going to try to contact support. Far easier just to manually enter a destination.

4. I use mine almost every day, and has been working fine all along. I use it mostly to check on charge status at my charging station, and when it is time to walk over and pick up my car.

5. The address sending feature hasn't been working (in time) for me either. It takes several days until it shows up on the nav screen.

6. Fikret Kurt

Fikret Kurt New Member

Since the 2021 update/regular service, i have had this problem.. how can we overcome it?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

You should call and open a ticket with BLUELINK. I'VE HAD 1 open since February. Tell them your issue is "Unable to send a POI to the car." They have a log of many people with this issue.

9. Pobre

Pobre Member

just a random question... they only give you 1 year of Bluelink for 2020 Kona EV? I remember getting 3 years of Bluelink included in my 2019 purchase?

10. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

To this day, I get BlueLink alert emails for the car that I sold back to Hyundai last December. It is currently at Manheim Auto Auction - the latest alerts are related to charging.

11. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

My 2020 Ultimate (purchased Dec 2019) came with 3 year TRIAL ..

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Wanted to give everyone an more detailed update on what is going on with this frustrating issue.

- Using BLUELINK (either via APP or their Web Site), sending a POI (Point of interest / Address) to my car was working perfectly until Jan 2021. I used to use it A LOT. Was a great feature.

- Starting January 2021, I would send the address only to never have it appear in the car .. waiting 5, 20, 30 mins, 1/2 day, full day.. It NEVER appears anymore. However the APP & WEB SITE both would say "POI SUCCESSFULLY SENT TO VEHICLE". << This appears in THEIR LOGS. But it NEVER Shows up in the car !

- Showed this problem to my Service dept. in January. They were able to reproduce. However, they are not "authorized" to replace the (suspected) HEAD UNIT & it thus required a ticket & research by BLUELINK; 3rd party.

- So I opened a ticket with BLUELINK early FEB. 2021.

- I have spent WEEKS in contact with them; the usual "HIGH VOLUME of CALL", wait times up to 25 mins most calls. I just put my cell on SPEAKER and waited it out.

- After 3 months of PROVING this problem exists (they reproduced it by Sending a POI to my car with me in it.) & verifying that the Jan 2021 NAV UPDATE didn't fix the issue, I got beyond frustrated after going thru the issue in every call with a different person. Their TECH Group NEVER called me to discuss. We RESET everything we could. They also supposedly updated my MODEM (remotely). After months of exasperation I escalated to a SUPERVISOR & discussed in great lengths - asking him to just "give me an authorization to replace the head unit!". He told me that this has been escalated and is one of their TOP ISSUES they "know about" -- several other customers "have reported this" and the Engineering team is trying to figure out the issue. They do NOT believe it is a HEAD UNIT issue at this point, but a software issue.

So here I sit with this issue. Out of fairness, they have been polite (once I'm able to get thru on the phone) & seemingly concerned. I told the supervisor I would check back in a month if I don't hear back. And they said they will "extend your Bluelink Subscription by the number of months" it takes to resolve this issue. So I guess that's a good thing, although I'd much prefer this issue to be fixed!

If you're seeing this issue, I strongly encourage you to open a Ticket with BLUELINK ... just be patient with their "HIGH CALL VOLUME". When you report it, make mention that this apparently is a "KNOWN ISSUE" at BLUELINK so they can do a search. Or refer them to this ticket number: 17708771

14. I don't use navigation but I'm curious how you send a destination (POI) to your car through the app? I'm using the Canadian app so that could account for differences but I can't find that functionality anywhere on my app. Perhaps a Canadian can chime in and let me know if I'm missing something?

15. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

In the BLUELINK APP, your use the Search bar, then enter an ADDRESS. It brings up a Map. You then CLICK on "SEND TO VEHICLE"

Similar on the BLUELINK WEB SITE - After logging in, scroll down to "DESTINATION SEARCH", enter an address. It brings up a MAP and the option to "SEND ADDRESS TO VEHICLE".

This is in the US ... not sure for our friends up north.

16. Thanks for the response. Canada doesn't even have a "search" function!?