Bluelink notifications

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by ayryq, Mar 24, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I'm charging my Kona overnight on a Grizzl-e "smart" EVSE. I get a notification when it's fully charged (80%) and then wake up to a screen like this:
    Screenshot_20220324-060824.jpg

Clicking on one of them opens the app with the following:

Screenshot_20220324-060850.jpg

"Your vehicle is not charging. Please try again. Ensure the vehicle ignition is OFF and gear shift is in PARK."

Any idea what it all means?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I don't mean to be a smartass but was your vehicle off and in park? Once you've ruled that out you can look for other causes. Was it fully locked? Was the power cord seated properly? Is there a chance there were power interruptions either from the EVSE or the grid? Once you've ruled out those things, and particularly if the problem repeats itself, report it to your dealer. Maybe the car is throwing a code they can trace?

I would also be curious if the one hour intervals is indicative of something, perhaps software related.

4. Not at all. My wife parked the car and plugged it in, but I think it's safe to say it was off and in park. It charged from 40 or 50% up to 80% (my preset cutoff), the messages start after that. No notifications while it was charging. Probably not locked, we don't usually lock our cars at home.

I'm starting to wonder if it's actually related to the EVSE. Chargelab shows one continuous charging session from when it's plugged in until it's disconnected in the morning.

Or maybe there's a one-hour 12v battery test of some kind?

The car was at 79%, not 80% when I turned the climate control on this morning.

5. Last night everything was the same except I locked the doors while the car was still charging. Only one notification this morning when I got up, "Charging Complete," and the battery was at 78%.

Only other potential variable I can think of: it was very windy two nights ago; last night it was calm

6. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

I get a similar experience when charging at home overnight. As you look at that screen, the very bottom said "Complete based on your charging setting". The subsequent "Not Charging" messages are just saying that your car is Plugged in, but Not Charging (anymore). Something (stupidly) changed in the BLUELINK system several month ago (?) that seems to reporting this now. for instance, for MINE, I start charging at midnight. An 80% charge takes until 06:30 in the morning. If I leave it plugged in after that, I get exactly those same "NOT CHARGING" messages, after the initial "Charging Complete". So bottom line, I think it's just an information message ... Maybe re-check your charging schedule/settings ??

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. If it's an information message, it isn't a very good one. It should maybe say something like "Reminder: Charging is complete but your car is still plugged in." Which... I know it's plugged in, I went to bed, and want to have it plugged in when I start climate control tomorrow.

I'm not using any charging schedule, either on the EVSE or in the car. Just plug in, fill to 80%.

9. Just to circle back to this, I've done some testing and I get the (pointless) hourly messages if and only if the car is left unlocked. So I try to remember to hit lock on bluelink before I go to bed.

electriceddy likes this.