Blue R1T appears in Seattle (pics)

Discussion in 'R1T' started by Domenick, Sep 28, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. The RIvian team is in Seattle to show off their stuff and they brought a little surprise: a blue version of the R1T electric pickup.

They shared some photos (below) of it today on their Instagram stories. I imagine there are more out there, so if you have some, please share.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Here's a look at the interior.

4. EyeOnEVs

EyeOnEVs New Member

I think Rivian may be referring to that color as "electric blue." Someone from another forum made that reference in quotes.

The colors Rivian have revealed so far seem mundane and flat to me. IMO they could use a little metallic flake in them to liven them up some. Fortunately none of the colors I believe are considered official and available at launch.

5. Yeah, this blue is a bit flat to my eye as well. I haven't had a chance to see any of them in person yet, though.

6. Lots more looks of the truck in this video. The other silver R1T (and green R1S) can be seen, so this appears to be a new build

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. 1 person likes this.
  9. RLXXI

RLXXI Active Member

Pics no show.

10. It may just be because they are so large. They are definitely there, though. I'd share a link but they were in an Instagram story.

They did, though, share these other pics on their Instagram account.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B3DMqORHnDb/

11. Gorgeous. Now all I have to do is win the lottery.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. You and me both!
    I do like the blue.

14. RLXXI

RLXXI Active Member

I definitely don't like that shade of blue. Looks aqua marine or Turquoise. Blehhh Show me something in Ruby Red Metallic like my current truck then I'll have a smile.

47624895641_681d629a6e_b.jpg

1 person likes this.
  15. EyeOnEVs

EyeOnEVs New Member

Ditto. And I sure miss chrome, that is, the lack of it on vehicles these days!

16. Chris Barwick

Chris Barwick New Member

It was a great Seattle event. RJ was VERY excited about the blue color (his favorite). It looked good in person, but there are better shades of blue out there.

upload_2019-10-5_11-53-10.png

1 person likes this.
  17. Great photo!

Since this happened I've been seeing a lot of blue colored cars just a bit different from that -- a Toyota here, a Mustang (Velocity Blue) there. Hopefully we'll see the colors keep coming.