Blindspot warning on passenger side not working..

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by FloridaSun, Dec 15, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

Noticed recently that my blindspot warning on the passenger side is not working. I can be beside a Semi Truck and still doesn't indicate a car beside me at the passenger side.. Does anyone know where the sensor sits? Maybe a bad contact.. If I can't fix it, I'll point it out to Hyundai at the recall 199 update..

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Check out this thread, not the first time reported - also shows location of sensors:
    https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/blind-spot-monitoring-issues.7289/

mho and FloridaSun like this.
  4. Ed C

Ed C Active Member

The guys at the dealerships are clueless. I noticed the same problem in my car and took it to the dealership, they spend 3 hours icking around and test driving my car.

Came back to say, there's nothing wrong with it. One of the technicians had the nerve to tell me the yellow light should only go on when you use your lane change signal, and its unsafe....pure bs, because it lights up on my left side when there's a car in the blindspot, whether or not if I am signaling for a lane change.

I have very little faith in Hyundai technicians.