Blazer EV Won Motor Trend SUV Of The Year For 2024

Discussion in 'Blazer EV' started by Nebula, Oct 26, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. rcarter3636

rcarter3636 Member

Did they review one of the 3 made in production

3. 857 listed on AutoTrader right now.

4. Quite a glowing report, and some nice features. But a little run of the mill for a brand new model. Range is good, but charging speed not great. Same with MPGe efficiency. No CarPlay/Android Auto is not good. No mention of the nav or subscriptions. Reminds me of my son's Tesla, where he still has a phone mount in the car so he can access and utilize other apps (like Waze).

Plus not cheap either, as compared to other EVs esp with prices falling. I think GM will have major cost structure challenges going forward, and have already ratcheted back production or delayed other new EVs. I am not sure how competitive they will be going forward, unless they get more help from the govt to make the non-US manufacturers more expensive.

5. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

The Blazer has a Google OS complete with an App Store. Waze and ABRP are both available. Instead of running on your phone through Android Auto, they run right on the car.

I’m not a fan of this approach personally. But it does give them native access to vehicle status, like SoC for route planning.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. Are there any subscriptions?

8. GetOffYourGas

Yes, but I don’t know the details.

9. That's the thing. On my Subaru Solterra (Toyota), I need a subscription for the native nav. But because I have wireless Android Auto and CarPlay I don't need it. However, my Ioniq 6 has no subscriptions for their native nav, and it works very well actually, incl the voice commands.

I hate subscriptions, and don't like that trend with some automakers.

GetOffYourGas likes this.
  10. GetOffYourGas

Yeah I agree. It’s obnoxious. It’s crazy that they are getting away with it. My Mini SE doesn’t make me pay for built in Nav and that includes live traffic info. Plus it has wireless CarPlay which is great.

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. GM isn't going to make you pay for NAV for 8 years starting with the Blazer EV. Also you can connect your car to your wireless hotspot on your phone or download offline maps to the car.

13. GetOffYourGas

My friend only got a 6-month trial for nav on his Lyriq. Why is GM making buyers of the more premium Cadillac pay more nav but Blazer owners get it for free. That is baffling.

14. We will see what they do on the 25 MY Lyriq but I bet it will adopt the new pricing for OnStar.
    Or GM sees as people who are buying the Lyriq are more up market and would stomach more subscriptions.

GetOffYourGas likes this.