Bimmercode

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by moncureww, Dec 25, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

Has anyone been successful with BimmerCode and activating video playback on their SE? I’ve been trying to follow along and code my 2023 Mini SE to recognize and play back video files from usb, and so far I’ve had no luck. If anyone else has had some positive experiences, some feedback and instruction would be great.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Hutch

Hutch Active Member

It will only play the sound on a video file so far, been playing with it from time to time. My guess is it would need the software to show video.

4. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

So I have enabled USB video as well as the different video and audio codecs via Bimmercode expert mode for the HU_NBT_EVO headunit, and I can get sound from an MP4 video on my display now but no audio. The car is stationary with the e-brake engaged. Has anyone had any success with running video from their headunit via USB?

5. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

This is exactly what I was trying to "code" or enable in the head unit. Bimmercode indicated that it enabling USB video and third party codecs was an option for the F56 head units in their release notes, so I went to into expert mode and coded those changes to the ECU. At this point I only have audio from an MP4 video file (which the headunit automatically plays when I plug in the USB).