Big Decision

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Scottt7257, Oct 10, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Scottt7257

Scottt7257 New Member

Trying to decide between a RWD Mach E with premium package and standard battery or a Tesla model 3 RWD with the upgraded 19 inch sport wheels.

The deciding difference; For the Mach E, style, interior, Ford dealer services. Con, no access to Tesla supercharger system on road trips. Charging speeds while traveling. Tesla Con, style is slightly behind Mach E in my opinion. Pro, access to Tesla supercharger system. Up to 250 Mghz charge rate vs 150 for the Mustang. Longer bumper to bumper warranty too.

I've driven the model 3 RWD, exceptional vehicle. Very nice factory store, let me take car without salesperson. No pressure, knowledgeable representative. Have not driven the Mustang. Dealers didn't offer test drive, was hit with over MSRP at one dealership. Offered MSRP on order at another. More traditional dealership experience.

Also like the ID4 but concerned with max 125 loading speed on road trips. Only like top of the line Pro S model.

Big decision

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

The Tesla charging network would be the only one I would trust on a medium to long trip. For me the reliability of their network would trump every other network that I currently see. Plus, the ability to play around with FSD once in while would be fun.

So if buying today, the Tesla would win over the Mustang for me.

Good luck with your choice.

4. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

Would have to agree with this because of the Tesla Supercharger network.

Also most of the issues that there is with Tesla is not powertrain or battery related but mainly paint quality / body gaps.

Dan

Frank K likes this.
  5. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

My thinking is if these Tesla Model 3s are such a piece of crap, why are they selling so many, and why is the used car price so high?

Here in the Seattle area, a used 2020 Tesla Model 3 standard range is listed at $44,480 with 16,375 miles. That's probably around the same price paid for when new!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  6. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

It is other forum's that seem to state that Tesla's build quality is crap while Tesla Model 3 and Model Y are sold out with used models selling for new car prices.

With new Berlin giga factory, there is recent rumours of new colours, waiting to see what is offered in near future. Most likely next vehicle for me personally is the Model 3

Dan

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

More recent reports by an engineering manager and direct observer, Sandy Munro, is those have been fixed.

The backlog means a Tesla ordered today won’t show up until 2022 and prices recently went up.

Bob Wilson

Scottt7257 likes this.
  9. Scottt7257

Scottt7257 New Member

Decided on the Tesla model 3. RWD, blue with the sport rims. Fits the bill for my Northern California location. Was tempted to buy the Mach e or Id4. Came down to a vehicle that has been updated over the years vs great first year cars.

Will be a long wait. 6 to 8 months. Have time to have a Tesla level 2 charger installed in my garage and research floor mats for the car. Other accessories I should consider?

bwilson4web likes this.
  10. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

All weather floor mats but wait until car is about a week or so away.

Bob Wilson

11. RLove

RLove New Member

I like Lloyd's mats, superior quality and are customizable. I believe that they have all-weather mats too.

12. To remove this ad click here.