Best tire replacement option

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by couch8p, Feb 6, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. couch8p

couch8p New Member

Hey guys,

I hit a pot hole and got a flat on my front passenger tire. Any recommendations for a replacement? Not looking to spend to much money. Car only has 6500 miles on it so the other tires are still very new. Im in SoCal so I don't need winter tires.

Thanks

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Claritydreamer

Claritydreamer New Member

You should absolutely get the same tire. Having mixed tires on the same axle is a recipe for disaster.

4. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

5. Claritydreamer

Claritydreamer New Member

I do have another question. Did you use the on board repair compressor? If so how did it go?

6. Sandroad

The OP can weigh in on this, but I know the supplied sealant/compressor is for minor punctures in the tread area only. If the tire is damaged enough to need replacement, the on-board tools aren't going to help get you off the road.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

There are potholes in SoCal?

I’m stunned.

We have approximately 27 potholes per mile in Indiana this time of year...big freaking honking craters that destroy suspensions...along with the tire. Even if we had a spare it would rarely be if any value here...when your car is disabled because your control arms have been torn clean out of the bushings...

But hey...our taxes are low. Totally worth it.

Texas22Step and Richard_arch74 like this.
  9. Sandroad

Heck, that's only about 1 pothole every 200 feet. I know I shouldn't get into a "which state has the worst roads" thing, but here in Michigan we'd call that a smooth road.

10. larrenz

larrenz Member

All-season tires are fairly good for year round use. Aside from michelin, bridgestone, goodyear and falken tires are reliable brands.