Best Clarity video review yet?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by PHEV Newbie, Apr 10, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. PHEV Newbie

PHEV Newbie Well-Known Member

A Clarity PHEV review by Alex on Autos just in.

Check it out!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. lorem101

lorem101 Member

He is definitely the best car reviewer out there, I think I've watched hundreds of his videos!
    Interestingly lumbar support is his most sorely missed feature.

For me it's no ventilated seats or heated steering wheel!

Dr. Robert Cohen and PHEV Newbie like this.
  4. iluvscuba

iluvscuba Active Member

Excellent review as always. None of my previous cars has lumbar support so I don't miss it. I use a small pillow for that purpose, work just fine

5. loomis2

loomis2 Well-Known Member

Alex on Autos really loves his lumbar support. But he is thorough in his reviews. I use him for raw info and The Straight Pipes for more fun reviews.

6. dstrauss

dstrauss Well-Known Member

Alex is Excellent as always, and he won me forever when addressing the rear wheel skirts: "...this execution is definitely more elegant and more functional as you don't have a panel to remove...it is obviously not as efficient as covering the whole wheel, but does help the looks of the vehicle... "

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. iluvscuba

iluvscuba Active Member

Same here. If I need a smile, I go to Straight Pipes, when I need raw information, I go to Alex (not that Straight Pipes doesn't provide information)

9. LAF

LAF Active Member

I am amazed he puts Optima close to the Clarity. The EV range of the latter is almost 2x. This is critical in cool weather where you won’t go far in the Optima but will still likely never use gas around town each day for the Clarity which is by far the most enjoyable feature of a plug in.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

dstrauss likes this.
  10. PHEV Newbie

PHEV Newbie Well-Known Member

Alex already is racking up lots of views and comments so I expect to see more Claritys on the road soon.

11. Timothy

Timothy Active Member

I like the review, but not so much the comments. Why do folks feel compelled to attack something the have no real interest in and clearly don't understand?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. chop

chop New Member

Perfect timing on this video - I just test drove the Clarity yesterday so I'm almost all on board. Now just need to decide between the base or touring model...

14. ManKo

ManKo Member

I strongly considered the Sonata (the Optima’s cousin). I liked that it still had a large gas tank. The things that ruined it for me was that it would run the gas engine any time you needed to heat the cabin, the hump in the trunk was huge, and lastly the instrument cluster looks like something you’d find on a 2010 vehicle.

15. dstrauss

dstrauss Well-Known Member

It's called "defending their personal choices" - out here in West Texas it's F150 gas guzzlers that can't fathom even the Prius...

As I said, i really like Alex's reviews the best, but really, "Rainy Days & Mondays" on the radio dial when demoing the infotainment system...

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018