Best app to find chargers

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Paul DeLeon, Mar 25, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Paul DeLeon

Paul DeLeon Active Member

I have several on my phone but each seems to locate a subset of the whole. My Tom-Tom map built into the car seems best, for now.
    I would like to know your experience.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

Try Plugshare.

FloridaSun likes this.
  4. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

plugshare is the best!
    Just drove to a new free Greenlots DC Fast Charger that does not show on the Greenlots app yet but it showed up on Plugshare.. When I finished charging, the greenlots app showed that I was charging at location called "Staging" with a California Address..
    So, plugshare had it before their own app showed the location..
    Screenshot_20200325-210624_Greenlots.jpg

5. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

I use plugshare for a broad overview, but can always sanity-check what it shows
    on a given network's website. I don't download any apps, just do it in a
    browser [and usually anonymously, as locating a charge point doesn't need
    any personal info until you arrive and actually go to charge]. A few bookmarks
    for the networks' locator map pages is all I really need to keep.

_H*

6. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

Yeah, if nothing else, the app for the network itself can show you if the charger is busy or out of order. But to *find* a new charger in an area I am not familiar with (or to look for new chargers in areas I am familiar with), Plugshare is my go-to app.

The network apps that you will commonly need will depend on what's available in your area. I use EA, EVgo and Chargepoint, but if I were somewhere else, it would probably be a different set.

7. To remove this ad click here.