Battery safety recall RO175 (Recall 01D076) in Canada

Discussion in 'Hyundai/Kia' started by LBourgon, Dec 14, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. LBourgon

LBourgon New Member

Hi Everyone,

I’m new to the forum and I was looking for info on this Safety recall but didn’t find anything.

I had this done on November 25, 2020 and since then, the battery at 100% full charge now only shows a max of 340 km, down from around 425 km. The work order shows:
    “01D076 OS EV BMS LOGIC UPGRADE
    check = LG batt... update BMS + VCULDC as per recall”

The recall letter also show the Transport Canada recall number as 2020-477.

My Kona is a 2020, With the Ultimate trim package. I took delivery from the dealer in Feb 2020, and I just passed the 7000 km Mark yesterday.

Has anyone had this recall done and experienced this performance degradation?

Thanks 508FB3A6-0BC3-450A-AF33-D217D0328CE4.png

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Likely the reduction in the mileage estimation is due to the cooler weather, here are a couple of threads that may interest you with other owners concerning this particular recall:
    https://insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/recall-196-now-shows-on-us-hyundai-recall-website.9755/
    and
    https://insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/battery-recall-196-dead-after-recharging.10084/
    BTW, welcome to the forum:)

4. LBourgon

LBourgon New Member

Hi Everyone,
    As I suspected, the recall software upgrade was responsible for the major decrease in battery capacity.
    The dealer called me to schedule two new recalls, both software upgrades. I took my Kona in on Monday. My battery is again showing 415 km on a full charge at 0 degrees Celsius. Much better!
    If you’re seeing issues, go get the recalls done.
    Luc

electriceddy likes this.
  5. Interesting, thanks for the update - so not temperature related... it is also possible the efficiency memory was lost after the original update, and has now caught up as reported in other threads.