Battery Pre-conditioning the 2022 Ioniq 5 - Good News

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by ScubaSteve, Apr 4, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

Hi,

I received this today from Hyundai Canada:

"To our valued IONIQ 5 customers,

Hyundai Auto Canada is pleased to announce the software update for battery pre-conditioning on applicable IONIQ 5 models is now available. In addition to enabling the Battery Conditioning function, this software update also includes the following improvements:

Improved i-Pedal logic
    Improved EPB operation
    Fix for issue with Scheduled Climate function
    Fix for poor acceleration in ECO mode

We invite you to contact your local Hyundai dealership to schedule an appointment to complete this software update installation."

Until this is actually achieved on my Ioniq 5, I'll keep my deposit down on the 2024 Chevy Blazer EV ... fingers crossed, they'll do the update correctly. Now, to make a service appointment.

electriceddy, Domenick and insightman like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

Today's the big day. Hope it goes smoothly. Will update again after the fact to let you know how long I waited and if successful or not. I know exactly what I will do if not successful.

4. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

Success!! From start to finish, I arrived and drove home within 2 hours. My thanks to #Ioniq Guy for showing how to activate preconditioning on his YouTube channel. I get the red coils and, today, it was using 4.5 KWs of power. But that's not all; my first service at the dealer was free since I bought the car from them. Normally, it would cost me $84.95 Cdn. Dealer's Service Department was great.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

So your I5 is a keeper?

6. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

Yes, it is. Will I buy another EV from Hyundai or Kia in the future? Absolutely not regardless of how good that EV may be. Cheers, Steve

insightman likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.