Bat Signal puddle light thing

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by TempoHouse, Aug 18, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. TempoHouse

TempoHouse Member

Is there no way to just turn off the MINI logo puddle light? I don't see anything in the settings. If not, what's the next best option? Chewing gum? Duckt tape? Removing the LEDs?

I already know it's a MINI. Everyone else does too.

On the other hand, or foot or whatever, with Enigmatic Black paint, the (Iconic !?) black MINI logos and COOPER (at the back) are very unobtrusive. This is nice.

NewGreen likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

I love the bat signal! But - I would have thought it would be controlled by the Welcome lighting setting. I just tried it and it appears to be independent. I could not find a way to shut it off in the settings.

4. NewGreen

NewGreen Member

I don't have my car yet, but I've been wondering the same thing. I'd like to see more obvious "electric" branding on the outside, (I'm getting a Signature +) but I don't think I'll like the puddle light at all, beyond seeing it one time to see that it works.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Unless some Bimmercode option can disable the puddle light, the most elegant way to eliminate it would be to purchase new mirror caps. They don't come pre-drilled for the puddle light. A slightly less elegant way would be to remove the mirror cap, paint over the lens, and reinstall the mirror cap with the now-useless hole.

It just so happens that our driveway has a slight dip next to the driver's door when our SE is parked in its charging spot. I tried to convince my wife that the MINI intentionally creates a puddle after a recent rain to properly display the puddle light. However, my wife knows me too well to believe such malarky.

polyphonic and GvilleGuy like this.
  6. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

Easiest way to reduce its effect is to fold your mirrors in when you park.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Never underestimate the effectiveness of electrical tape.

Originally the puddle light was in the door, and there were alternate image inserts you could get for them. I haven't seen anyone offer alternate images for the newer-style rearview mirror puddle light, I wonder if they exist.

9. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

Yes, there's a button by the mirror adjustment controls. I guess the light could be the reason that the mirrors aren't automatic. Not really a critical feature for such a small car though.