Base trim interior?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Reagle, Jan 3, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Reagle

Reagle New Member

Does anybody have an idea what the interior materials look like on the base (non-leather) trim? Is the dash still suede for example? What about door panels? There are a grand total of two cars in my area across all dealers and they are both Touring trim ;)

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bfd

bfd Active Member

No leather or suede. Touring only. Also, no power seats on the base model. I have a feeling that for many, they could live without those two features without feeling like they were missing out. Nav isn't provided in the base, but CarPlay and Android Auto are, so Nav is available that way.

4. Reagle

Reagle New Member

That's good- I'd rather save $3k and not have to deal with yet another thing to clean and maintain. So is the dashboard just hard plastic?

5. dstrauss

dstrauss Well-Known Member

@Reagle - I have not seen the base trim yet (seems they really pushed out Tourings) but check out the Touring. $3,000 is a lot of cash, but the seats are excellent (we really love the automatic seat resets based on the driver's key) and overall the fit and finish really is more like an Acura than a Honda. I've got to believe it will hold more resale value down the road, like most leather seat models. How's that for a juicy rationalization?

6. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

I like leather seating for durability and easy cleanup. Fake leather is okay as well, but tends to be sweatier, however this has improved a lot since the early days ;) As a kid I remember my legs sticking to vinyl in the summer.

Honestly, for resale, the cheapest model usually is best as people look at a specific car model more than options, unless it has an option that people really want. Like if you are along the Rocky Mountains, 4wd options are almost always worth buying. Since the safety features are the same in both cars the difference is minor. However, buy the one you want, to me, the power seats and leather are worth the upgrade.

A note about the navigation, it is simply a Garmin Navigation App running on an Android or Android like device (the infotainment system). I like Garmin navigation systems so I don't mind, but will probably use Android Auto most of the time unless I want an offline map, but even then Google Maps supports offline maps now.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Hi! New to the forum with a base model Clarity. If you still care about the materials six months later, I can vouch that they’re pretty nice. The suede pieces are instead a hard plastic fake-leather material, with stitching as well. Not suede, but not bad either. The seats are still leather trimmed, they just have a cloth center. The wheel is a soft touch plastic. I’m content with my decision to get this version and pocket the three grand.

LegoZ likes this.
  9. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

I don’t want to rain on your parade, but your base trim seats have no leather anywhere. But as in the Touring, it’s a very nice simulated leather. The Touring gets perforated leather where you have the cloth and a very nice leather wrapped steering wheel.

10. Can’t say I’m shocked, what with the push for eco-friendliness. Also proves that the dealers have no idea what they’re talking about in regards to the Clarity. I had two different salesmen insist they were leather. They probably also would have confirmed the presence strippers waiting to burst out of a trunk compartment had I asked.

KentuckyKen likes this.
  11. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

That last one is a costly option in more ways than one!
    My salesman didn’t know anything about the Clarity either. I basically sold it to my self and he got the commission.
    If I’m correct, the only leather in the Touring seats is the rather small perforated area that corresponds to your cloth area.

Johnhaydev likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.