Badges

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Brewer Fan, Aug 15, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Brewer Fan

Brewer Fan Member

It sounds like I’m in the minority but I like most of the Mini SE just the way it is. I’m not using the arm rest charger cuz I’m a realtor and I have a card holder on the back of my phone so charger doesn’t work….. I changed out the antenna for the shorter one. I like the hood scoop even though it’s fake. I’m not a fan of the way the Tesla looks. However, everyone has the right to their opinions. I love the yellow E badge that distinguishes the Mini SE. I would like more badges….maybe the smiley face etc. where can I get them? Thx so much…this is a great forum - I’ve learned so much.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

4. Brewer Fan

Brewer Fan Member

Thank you!

5. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

AGREE I don't use it because it is slow and gets the phone hot.

AGREE!

AGREE!

PARTLY AGREE! I like the way Teslas look on the outside, but, from riding in my friend's Model Y, I like the SE's interior design, fit, and finish much better.

AGREE! I would say 95% of the people who have commented on my SE don't even realize the yellow badging indicates EV. They are always surprised when I say it's an EV.

SameGuy likes this.
  6. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. GvilleGuy

Has anyone purchased one of those badge holders for their SE? They look pretty decent, and I like the idea of swapping out the magnetic badge whenever.

9. chrunck

I have one that I got for my R60. I put it on the SE briefly but I ended up taking it off.

[​IMG]

It stayed on my R60 for 10 years with no problems whatsoever. They're pretty durable.

10. GvilleGuy

Did you do the screw mount or tie mount?

11. Brewer Fan

Brewer Fan Member

How
    How do you attach? Will the magnet be enough? Do you need the Frame - since SE doesn’t have a grill doesn’t seem like it would work

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Brewer Fan

Brewer Fan Member

That’s what I’m wondering and will the magnet be strong enough and I’d like the silver frame but it doesn’t sound like they are magnets so I’m wondering how that would work since the SE does not have a grill.

14. chrunck

There are two vertical posts in the grill area that you can attach it to. If you look at the picture I posted, one is where the badge is, and the other is just to the left of the yellow S.

My badge holder has a velcro strap that holds it in place. It's very secure once you get it tightened down correctly.

The badges I have are magnets, but I don't think the holder is metal. The outer ring threads on to hold them in place.

I think that's all the questions, but let me know if you have any more!

MichaelC, SameGuy and GvilleGuy like this.
  15. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

GvilleGuy likes this.
  16. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Drat, I always meant to make a post about this. As you can see from my avatar I figured out how to do grille badges on a 2021 SE front. I don't know if the 2022 LSI is the same, though.

For the front there is a large gap behind the fascia, but the slit is very tiny and there's no way to get at the opening from behind. I watched this video on replacing the SE front many times, and you can see it's a single piece (again, this applies to the 2020/2021 model). There is a vertical post near each end, so there's no choice where to place the grille badge.

I bought the magnetic holder/badge from Go Badges and fished the velcro strap through the small slit and round the post and it's held great for the past year, even through harsh winter conditions. I was considering trying some sort of toggle anchor to place a badge somewhere else within the slit, but I haven't gotten around to it.

The magnet is for holding the badge in place on the holder, it's not for holding the badge holder onto the car. You put your badge in place and then screw a plastic cover ring around it to keep it from falling off.

I also noticed new Go Badge designs with lightning, maybe I need to change.

upload_2022-8-15_17-20-24.png upload_2022-8-15_17-19-58.png

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
    MichaelC and GvilleGuy like this.
  17. Alf_W

Alf_W Active Member

Came here for this. ^^ :D

insightman and GvilleGuy like this.
  18. GvilleGuy

I may go with this style for the yellow touch. Lots of designs to parse through on that site.

207B55C6-F96D-4BDF-9907-DF79D84AD528.jpeg

MichaelC likes this.
  19. moofpup

moofpup Active Member

IMG_0210.jpeg Weikersheim, my home town in Germany

Puppethead, GvilleGuy and Akanaten like this.
  20. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I like the badge in the lower spot. But as my state requires front plates that won't work well for me. I did consider the license plate badge holders (like from gobadges.com) but personally don't want my badges "floating" in space.