"Awaiting Carrier Assignment"

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Tommm, May 31, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

I learned something new today. I thought awaiting carrier assignment meant BMW/Mini were setting up the boat it will go on. I bet some of you did too.
    Nope!
    Awaiting carrier assignment means they are deciding which carrier will "carry" the car from the factory to the port.
    Get it, carry vs ship!
    Once it is at the port it is assigned a ship. I think the ship is assigned after the car is on it.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. zellsun

zellsun Member

Which means after this status, the vessel info should be in the system even the car is still at the port waiting to be loaded onto the vessel. Right?

4. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

No. Carrier is before port.
    Here are the statuses:
    • Ready for transport
    • Awaiting carrier assignment
    • Dispatched from factory
    • At the port
    • In transit - This is when it goes on a ship.

Mine has been at the port for 15 days. No ship is assigned. Agent on the 866 number doesnt know when a ship will be assigned. Grand Cosmo and Rhea Leader came and went. She doesnt know when the next ship will come in, or when mine will go on a ship.

5. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    What are the status codes for those? They don’t seem to match what I’d been given (and which are the same as on the ten-plus year old MA/NAM threads)

6. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

No idea. They are from the timeline on my mini garage, track my mini. Maybe you can cut and paste, and add the status codes, or insert them where you think they would go. Here is what track my mini has.
    • Order received
    • Scheduled for production
    • Production begins
    • Exterior body assembly begins
    • In the paint booth
    • Entering assembly line
    • Assembly in progress
    • Quality check
    • Final assembly
    • Ready for transport
    • Awaiting carrier assignment
    • Dispatched from factory
    • At the port
    • In transit
    • At the dealership
    • Vehicle delivered

CiaoContessa and SameGuy like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SameGuy

YUL
    Lol mine went from 037 to 150 to 182 just like that and with little info from my MA, so I’m just curious if the codes have changed.

9. Joe c

Joe c Member

Tommm check again. I was at port since May 17, yesterday showed in port, today now showing in transit! I believe it's heritage leader, not rhea leader.

10. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Woo hoo! I guess we are steerage mates.

My typo. Rhea Leader took my red one over. Heritage Leader is probably what they are on. Thanks Joe. I am betting on June 29th to pick it up.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  11. CiaoContessa

CiaoContessa New Member

So frustrating. When I placed the order in March, the sales rep said I should take delivery the 3rd week of May. The build was completed 6/20/22 and has been on "A carrier has been assigned to take care of your MINI" for 6 weeks. I realize it has to make its way to California, but this is making me crazy.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. SameGuy

YUL
    Same here, ordered 18 March and assured an “April allocation for a May delivery”; mine was actually built May 30, then spent almost six weeks at the port of Southampton. Arrived in Halifax on 16 July and I still haven’t taken delivery — though Halifax is one day on the train from here.