AUX (12V) Battery Indicator in Instrument Cluster

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Ed Zwieback, Feb 8, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I'm starting a new thread but maybe my question is covered elsewhere. I find the Hyun. Manuals info confusing/missing on this subject. On the instrument cluster in the Speedo circle, near the bottom, above the Regen indication, I see a "12V battery symbol" with several modes. Modes are a set of arrows pointing to the left (in the Batt), sometimes 1 arrow, or several arrows, sometimes white color or blue, or no symbol at all. I can't find info about this indicator in any of the many manuals. My aux (12V) battery Volta-log shows a charge of 12.67 V or better.
    Would appreciate any help including reference to info in my many manuals.
    Thanks,
    Ed Z.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Active Member

This "12v battery" symbol indicates your regen level. Empty- no regen. One arrow regen level 1. Two arrows regen level 2 and finally three arrows regen level 3 or maximum regen. The level is reset to what you have as the default for the mode of driving every time you start your car. You can also change them with your left and right paddle behind the steering wheel.

electriceddy likes this.
  4. Auto regen, more arrows - more regen.... if white the system is not active (can be turned on in the wheel menu under the convenience settings), when blue, the system is active.
    Edit ...as stated above with the paddles as well, the same symbols are on the paddles (3 on the left (increase) and 1 on the right (decrease/off)
    See these 2 videos

and

Nothing to do with the aux 12 V battery, but it looks like yours is doing fine:)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    mho likes this.
  5. Thanks to you, I got it. Getting thru the different symbols (a 12V Batt. symbol for Regen ?) and names "Smart Regen..." vs. "Regen Braking..." for the same function.
    I did find a picture symbol in Owners Manual, page 5-19 (blue on dark grey).

Battery symbols popping up on the dash set me off. A good learning lesson.

6. As mentioned when it's blue, smart Regen is active which means the car adjusts the Regen-level to the speed of the car ahead, if they slow down too much it will automatically increase the Regen level to slow down more as well.

7. To remove this ad click here.