Autosaver System

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by lindacan, Jul 25, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. lindacan

lindacan New Member

The dealer tried to sell us the autosaver system that is supposed to slow down corrosion. I read that it hasn't been proven with automobiles. Does anyone have any experience with it?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. K8QM

K8QM Active Member

Sorry for the flippant answer -

It probably only slows down the corrosion of the sales guys boat - the more he sells the better winter storage he can afford.

geo

insightman likes this.
  4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

The electrically driven anti-corrosion devices have only been proven to work on the Navy’s ships. Our Clarity’s are not metal hulled ships in the ocean so all they do is enrich the dealership’s pockets and provide a commission to the salesman. As further evidence against them, note that our fellow Canadian drivers do not use them and they are the some of the most knowledgeable people around about salt driven car corrosion.
    Don’t waste your money.

5. lindacan

lindacan New Member

Thanks, that's what I thought.

6. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

window etching
    UV etching
    anti-rust proofing
    clear coat protector
    cloth/leather protection
    nitro fill
    extended warranty full refund

All these are dealers ways for the dealer to make money. They cost nothing and they charge a few hundred dollars for it. A few dealers at least are switching to install or add accessories to every car (wheel locks, mud guards, trunk tray, all weather mats) at full retail. At lease these are things you can actually "see"

I had two dealers that gave me Costco pricing. After their installed dealer options, the price was the same. One had a "protection package" worth about 385. The other had 1800 of protection options, for which only the wheel locks was something you could actually "see".

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. neal adkins

neal adkins Active Member

Dealers must be careful. I heard a dealership has been charged with fraud for adding unwanted accessories to a car. Its best to negociate them off your car deal if not verifiable. The last thing dealerships need is bad feedback from an unhappy customer. They took the added cost about 300$ off my Clarity when i questioned the added accessories.

Johnhaydev likes this.