Audible alert beeps very quiet, even on high

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Insighter, Dec 30, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Insighter

Insighter Active Member

I sometimes notice these very quiet beeps when I'm driving. I believe they are the audible alerts for things like the LKS (lane keeping) and collision mitigation system. The thing is, they are just barely audible. They are so quiet that to hear them at all I have to have the radio off.

Looking in the manual (on page 328), I think there are three settings (High/Mid/Low) for these alerts under Vehicle/Meter Setup/Adjust Alarm Volume. Mine are already set to high, and they are so quiet as to almost be useless. Is this how they are supposed to be? What use are they when they are barely audible on the highest volume setting?

If anyone can shed light on this, I'd be very appreciative.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Groves Cooke

Groves Cooke Active Member

Not sure that I have heard them. I have the radio on all the time. There is an audible beep that I here when I am using cruise control and then use the paddle shifter to slow down. I can hear this over the radio.

4. TomL

TomL Active Member

I seem to recall getting beeps like this when I used the adaptive cruise control, with the beep indicating an automatic change in speed to match the car in front when a certain distance is reached. I recall there were three optional settings for this distance, and, hence, the occurrence of the beep. I haven't used cruise control in a long time, so I could possibly be wrong about this.

5. rodeknyt

rodeknyt Active Member

If you have a Touring model with factory navigation, you will occasionally hear a beep if there is some sort of traffic incident/congestion somewhere ahead of you in the direction you are driving. It doesn't necessarily have to be close enough that you can see what it is. It will do this whether you are using navigation or not. Sort of sounds like the alert tone on an airplane when the crew wants to communicate with one another over their private intercom.

6. neal adkins

neal adkins Active Member

As i remember, the sound is to alert you that the collision mitgation system detects an obsticle. Also could be the adaptive cruise control system doing the same. There also could be a flash on the display.

7. To remove this ad click here.