Attention Socal: Honda Clarity BEV

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JyChevyVolt, Dec 19, 2017.

To remove this ad click here.

1. JyChevyVolt

JyChevyVolt Active Member

Every dealer in Southern California is sold out. Someone from leasehackr stated that there's 3 in Santa Monica.

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bfd

bfd Active Member

The dealers don't want the cars on the lot. They don't count for sales quota or anything. The BEV is strictly a compliance vehicle. There was a crunch of effort in the fall to get prospective customers into them - In San Diego, there were no fewer than 4 different events. But once the truth was told - 89 miles of range - the gig was up. Nice car, horrible range, even though Leaf and others aren't all that much better. There was another push in mid December with a reduction in the lease rate (to $199/mo for 3 years - actually made the car a better deal than it was at $369/mo/3yr). And that was probably their effort to at least increase the numbers on the road before the end of the year. Don't know how many they had to place in service to get the credit, but it sounds like they maxed out if there are only a few left at dealerships. Wouldn't count on seeing a whole lot more of them now that the PHEV is out. If they simply doubled the range, they'd have a winner. Don't know if that's possible, however. Or, if they really even care.

WalksOnDirt likes this.
  4. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

If anyone is looking for a Clarity plug-in Crown Motors in Redding CA has 4 of them. I heard one person was driving up from LA, a 500 mile drive, to buy one of them.

5. bfd

bfd Active Member

I might've driven that far if I could've combined the trip with "Bull Shipping Days" in Red Bluff - just the wrong time of year.