Atlanta Rivian preview

Discussion in 'Rivian' started by MarcyB, Sep 15, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MarcyB

MarcyB New Member

Hello! Just wanted to introduce myself - my husband and I live in a travel trailer, and we're looking forward to switching from a diesel to an electric truck to test it out and see what's possible (especially in terms of range while towing).

We drove down to Atlanta to see the vehicle preview last Friday and enjoyed talking with the Rivian engineers and designers. They were great at answering questions and listening to ideas.

A couple random things we learned:
    - The R1T comes standard with a bed cover, and it actually helps with the aerodynamics (unless you're towing something... in which case, a cap would likely be better)
    - The truck collects data as you drive, sends it to the Rivian cloud, and adapts to your driving style and configuration

I asked if we might have access to some subset of that data so we could run tests on various aerodynamic ideas with our travel trailer - it didn't sound like data access for owners was something they had considered yet. Perhaps if more people ask for it, they would consider it more of a priority.
    (With the alternative being someone developing an app to pull data from the OBD-II port like the Leaf Spy)

Anyway, thanks for setting up this forum, we look forward to more Rivian-related news and conversations.

1 person likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Thanks for sharing! The Atlanta event looks like it was pretty awesome. Rivian shared a few photos on Twitter. Great to see the excitement this company is generating.

4. The YouTube Channel LikeTesla just put out a video today (below) taken at the Atlanta event. Definitely, some interesting things mentioned and worth the watch.

1 person likes this.
  5. MarcyB

MarcyB New Member

Thanks for the link to the video, that was fun to watch. I spotted my husband briefly in it :) We also had a good chat with Martin the software engineer. And R.J. seems like a great guy, super happy to talk to everyone.

1 person likes this.