Aptera pre-order check in

Discussion in 'Aptera' started by Domenick, Dec 10, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Domenick

Domenick Administrator Staff Member

Aptera has been accepting vehicle reservations ahead of production and so this thread is for pre-order holders to check in, and maybe share their configuration and why they're excited by this vehicle. It would also be great if we can perhaps estimate the number of orders the company gets (I'm hoping they just make this number public themselves, though).

Aptera held a call December 9 and while they didn't give out a number of reservations, it was clear that they had received a good many. In fact, the Paradigm (400 mile) and Paradigm+ (1,000 mile) are already sold out. Ok, that only accounts for 330 vehicles -- 220 Paradigm, 110 Paradigm+ -- but it was clear they've received a lot more orders than that.

So, what configuration did you order?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Sscjwl

Sscjwl New Member

I reserved a black one with 400 mile range! I’m pretty excited!

4. Domenick

Congrats, and welcome to the Forum!

I think the 400-mile pack is really the sweet spot. I could get by with the 250, and it's definitely more in my price range, but I love the idea of be able to drive for a good number of hours before needing to Supercharge.

5. Guildenstern

Guildenstern New Member

6. Kerbe

Kerbe Active Member

As of March 30, 2021, the reservation list has topped 9000. I'm #12705 (the "1" is vestigial...) - reserving a black (Noir) 600 mile AWD with the beige/brown/gold (Codex) interior and "basic" solar (I have a garage). Last I checked I was the sole reservation holder in MS...

I selected the 600 mile pack because I live in a "charging desert" - the closest DC charging station in any direction I usually travel (Atlanta or Chattanooga) was 450 miles away. Since making the reservation EA has opened a station on the way to Atlanta, only 297 miles from my door - so things are looking up, charging-infrastructure-wise! There's one EA location in my state - 167 miles south - but it's in a direction I rarely travel. A single 50kW CCS/ChaDeMo Greenlots charger has recently been installed 150 miles north, so that should prove useful.

Domenick likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Domenick

Great to hear and thanks for checking in. We were just talking about the fast-charging infrastructure this morning on the InsideEVs Podcast and how it really needs to improve. Especially with all the EVs that are expected to show up in people's driveways over the next years.

9. Kerbe

Kerbe Active Member

10. Domenick

That slipped by me. I found another piece on it here.
    https://www.renewableenergymagazine.com/electric_hybrid_vehicles/electric-highway-coalition-to-add-ev-fast-20210303

Kerbe likes this.