Apple Car Play disconnected

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Quorn, Oct 26, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Quorn

Quorn Member

Apple car play disconnects after upgrade to iOS 16.1

I needed to disconnect my mini link and re=establish to get back on line.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Driften

Driften New Member

Was it fine after that? I just noticed I hadn't upgraded to 16.1 yet on my phone.

4. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    That’s not the issue. Been on 16.1 for two months (on 16.2 now) with zero random disconnects requiring re-establishment of a link. NB: I did have a couple of random disconnects on 16.0 betas, RC, and Gold.

Driften likes this.
  5. Quorn

Quorn Member

yes

Driften likes this.
  6. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

MichaelC and SameGuy like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SameGuy

YUL
    That could be it. The only times I had CarPlay disconnects on 16.0 (also when I was just learning my way around the SE in August) were my fault, having turned off wifi at work (for work reasons) before returning to my car.

9. I had the same problem with Carplay and IOS 16.1 with another vehicle. The solution is to remove your vehicle from the Carplay settings on your phone. (Settings --> General --> Carplay). Remove the entry for your car. Next, remove any bluetooth pairing with your car. The should be done on both your phone and your vehicle. Then reconnect/pair your phone with your car again and it should work correctly.

10. SameGuy

YUL
    Honestly, I’ve had wayyyy more trouble with the wired CarPlay in our 2018 Crosstrek (even after multiple head unit module and Starlink updates) than in the MINI. If I unplug my phone in the Subaru and nip into a shop, when I come back, it no longer connects no matter what I try to do. I pretty much have no access to any of my entertainment or navigation apps until I get home and put the car away for the night.