App Odometer Stuck

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by David Towle, Jan 24, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. David Towle

David Towle Well-Known Member

The odometer on my Honda App got stuck about 2000 miles ago. I just updated it and no change. Anyone else see this? Wish it was the car odometer so I could get a few extra years out of my extended warranty.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Since 2017, no version of the Hondalink app has reliably updated my Clarity's odometer reading. It's a pleasant surprise when it happens.

JFon101231 and David Towle like this.
  4. David Towle

David Towle Well-Known Member

Strange inconsistency. Mine worked fine until this.

5. leop

leop Active Member

For the first two plus years of owning our 2018 Clarity, the odometer reading in the app never worked reliably. About a year and a half ago, I turned on the Clarity's Wi-Fi. Ever since the app odometer reading correctly updated each time I used the app. I have no explanation.

LeoP

insightman likes this.
  6. Frankwell

Frankwell Active Member

Information like SOC and charge status is updated by the cellular network, but odometer seems to be updated primarily by Bluetooth connection with the phone. This Bluetooth connection can be seen if you turn on HondaLink while the car is turned on, it will say "Connecting". I normally don't use HondaLink when I am in my car, but when I do I notice that HondaLink only makes a successful Bluetooth connection about half the time, and for some reason even when it does connect it can take up to a minute before it confirms connection. This is unrelated to the phone connecting via Bluetooth to the car for phone calls, which for me works every single time. But for some reason even though I always have a good Bluetooth connection for phone calls, HondaLink for some reason is not always able to establish a Bluetooth connection. Even when you don't open HondaLink it still tries to make a Bluetooth connection in the background, but apparently is not always successful.

Even when it is working apparently it is not constantly updating because it's not unusual for me to arrive home and the odometer in HondaLink is short by two or three miles, which means it was updating while I was driving, but I guess I pulled into the driveway and shut off the car before it had a chance to do its latest odometer update. I don't understand why it doesn't simply update odometer information via the cellular network like it does with SOC and charge status whenever the car is shut off.

7. To remove this ad click here.