Anyone know any dealerships close to NY at MSRP for 2022?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by ForceEdge, Mar 21, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ForceEdge

ForceEdge Member

Was looking to purchase a 2022 Kona EV at MSRP but everywhere in long islands charging 2-3k more.

was hoping someone had some luck?

also, any idea if the 2022 comes with a heat pump?

thanks guys!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I got mine a couple weeks ago at West Herr Hyundai in Buffalo. Both they and the other dealer in town were selling at list. I think they have a dealership of some kind (not Hyundai) in Syracuse. The local place here in Rochester wanted a premium.

ForceEdge likes this.
  4. ForceEdge

ForceEdge Member

rochester about 7 hours from me. I’m in Long Island NY. I guess that ain’t to bad considering I could save 3k. I’ll give them a call. Anyone else who has experience with MSRP dealers please let me know :)

5. Sorry, I read "NY" and did not assume "NYC." Should have noted the Long Island in your original post. We drove about 90 minutes from Rochester to Buffalo to get the list price. And back home in the worst blizzard I've seen this year. Hopefully you find somewhere closer to your side of the state!

Last time I bought a car, "list price" was the absolute maximum you'd pay, not the minimum, and you wouldn't seriously consider it unless it was a really rare/new/hot car. Nuts how things change (housing prices too...).

6. Susanne Krivit

Susanne Krivit New Member

I realize things have changed, but I would also consider a lease. I bought my Kona a little less than a year ago and got an amazing deal on a lease which was $7,000 less than the purchase price at that time. Plus the tax credit is automatic regardless of your tax return.

7. To remove this ad click here.