Anyone had these error messages (and MME dies then)?

Discussion in 'Mustang Mach-E' started by Mach-E21, Sep 1, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Mach-E21

Mach-E21 New Member

- Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power
    - High-Voltage Battery Warning

After above messages, error messages for every function started popping up. Then MME completely died.
    My MME has been at the dealership for over 2 weeks (now into 3rd week) where they claim they have no idea how to fix the issues; no resource, no database to refer to.
    Ford Motors messed up by not training the dealership mechs, nor providing sufficient "repair manual"... I should have purchased Tesla??? at least they will offer me a loaner car... "not FoMo" despite of my purchase of rental car assurance program for anything like this.
    Drove only 2400 miles.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2021
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Steve.evfleet

Steve.evfleet New Member

Yes, my MME has been with ford for 3 months now. They don’t know what’s wrong with it or how to fix it. I am pursuing a buyback but they aren’t making that easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

4. Mach-E21

Mach-E21 New Member

They replaced 12v battery, primary battery, extended battery several times.
    then only error showing up was 12v battery failure. They replaced 12v battery again. series of poor quality batteries they just happened to receive from FoMoCo???

On Oct 14th, I was able to pick up my MME.
    now I am plagued with malfunctioning display (fPad -iPad like display by Ford… hence… fPad)…. Driving without display showing up most of the time.
    Oh, recall for roof/window shield which they have yet to schedule

Started looking for consumer attorney to file complain/lawsuit…. If there are others like us, we can file together…

5. Sounds more like a dealer problem. Most ICE mechanics don't even want to look at a BEV. Lot's of unknowns for them. And electrical connections are all important to a EV. Throwing parts at a vehicle is never a solution. The dealers do have manuals available, but some service departments are not ones to let a tech read. Ford reimbursees at flat rate. I worked for several dealers in the past, and it all comes down to the service manager and how they run the shop. Some have never been on the floor, but thing they know what the problem is and just tell the tech to replace this or that. Not the way for todays higher tech machines. And there is no contact between the mechanic and the owner for accurate questions and answers.

6. Mach-E21

Mach-E21 New Member

I am also now in contact with FoMoCo customer relationship dept. not sure what can be done to address all the issues… but they told me if I want to file lawsuit, there is specific department that I will be transferred to. They also mentioned buy back is something they are willing to offer instead of transferring me to their legal.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Can you provide a bit of history on the charging and usage of the car? Your max charge and discharge to date? Temperature extremes? Geographical area?

9. I forgot the big question, The build date of your MME.

10. Mach-E21

Mach-E21 New Member

Charged at Electrify America 3 times 20 min to test charge to 60%
    Otherwise, it is charged via L2 cable with 32 amp. 4 times all the way to 100% but the rest is always kept at 80%

I have only driven this car for less than 36 days (I air travel a lot for a work) since I got it in March.
    Daily driving distance is 8 miles.
    28 miles one way to the airport.
    Test drive 100-140 miles for 16 days.

parked under the covered spot or garage parking in Houston, TX

11. Have you been watching your low voltage indicator for battery charge? The little one at the top of the touch screen. The climate control system and lights will drain it if your not careful. Charging should top it off, but preconditioning in winter I know uses a lot of power. It seems to only charge when your moving when not plugged in. It will not charge setting and waiting for someone in park. Don't know why, but that's what I've noticed.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Mach-E21

Mach-E21 New Member

I will check in the built date/voltage indicator when I get back home. I have been away quite sometime.