Any way to get average MPG number on a specific screen on the dashboard

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by brentac, Feb 15, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. brentac

brentac Member

On the dash area I like the screen that shows my estimated ranges the best, but I was wondering if there is a way to get MPG on it also? So far i found two screens that show the MGP but not one that has it paired with ranges.

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bfd

bfd Active Member

Maybe, but I believe it will involve using trip data from the map. If you have the Touring, that is possible. The only other way is possibly using the screen that shows your last three mpg results. I really don't like either one of them - though the one via map is pretty accurate. The problem there is you have to input your destination, and get your trip measured that way. It could be continuous, but that'd mean constantly inputting destinations. So it's not very useful. Maybe someone else has found another workaround. ScanGaugeII will also run a constant MPG for you - but only one trip at a time. It doesn't hold data after you've shut down the car. I think it's a glaring error now that I've had the car awhile. I think many of us would like continuous as well as historical MPG data via the car's computer. It is possible, but Honda apparently hasn't implemented it fully - or at least in a way I'd like to see it.

4. brentac

brentac Member

I went with the base but thanks for the ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

My ancient Insight provides MPG and miles on each of the three trip meters (one of them has its own button). However, the most interesting feature that I believe no other Honda hybrid included was the gen-1 Insight's lifetime MPG display.

It would be so interesting to have been a fly on the wall in the meetings when Honda decided what kinds of information the Clarity PHEV would display. Also, what kinds of information would be available from the OBD-II port. Were lawyers in those meetings?