Another Delivery Today!

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Josh Bryant, Aug 22, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. Josh Bryant

Josh Bryant Member

Moving my thoughts to another thread, so I no longer hyjack MTN Ranger’s.

Replying to

“I second Domenick's suggestion. I am especially interested in any SuperCharger costs and associated miles. Did you get a CHAdeMO adapter too?

Thanks,
    Bob Wilson”

I have not SuperCharged yet, but I did learn something at delivery that was interesting. On the charging screen it displayed the closest SuperCharger and a cost to “fill” it up. I’ll try to get a picture of this for you tonight.

I will do almost all of my charging in my garage. I tested the Tesla Wall Connector and it worked perfectly last night. I will only use a SuperCharger a few times of year due to the large range of the Model 3.

I previously leased a LEAV (2011 - 2014) and used CHAdeMO exclusively for around town charging due to the short range (3 - 5 times per week). It was a frustrating experience. I would regularly encounter chargers that were not functioning and have to use the backup J1772 to get enough charge to get to the next location. Also, once in a while there would be a vehicle charging when I arrived.

I lost confidence in the network due to the single charger installs not having any kind of redundancy. Plug Share is helpful with the check-ins, but it is not a replacement for have 8 chargers per location with a live view of current usage status, like Tesla does.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    bwilson4web likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

With the number of model 3's being sold, I suspect finding an available supercharger may continue your frustration. The good new is that the build-out of the Electrify America has started so there will be more CHAdeMO chargers available.

Note that it is my understanding that the adapter for CHAdeMO doesn't currently work with the Model 3, but Tesla does plan to make it work.

Anyhow, I have now seen two Model 3's in the last two weeks. So they are starting to show up in South Puget Sound. Currently seven of them are registered to show up September 8th at the Steilacoom, Washington during the National Drive Electric Week show.

4. Josh Bryant

Josh Bryant Member

I don’t expect the same trouble in Texas as California has regarding SuperCharger availability, but time will tell. I always have the option of getting the CHAdeMO.

I haven’t reviewed the most recent plans, but I think it originally looked like an Electrify America (minus Texas). I hope I am wrong, the more options the better.

5. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

Well Texas hasn't been completely forgotten as long as you don't living the southern part. There is one scheduled at Walmart in Spring, Texas.