Annoyances Thread

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by David T in Silicon Valley, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Here is my little nit. Why do many cars (not just Kias) assume that if I turn on the car, I want the radio on? Or if I am disconnect my mobile device, even if it was not playing anything, that I want to hear radio.

I get leaving it however it was left when the car was shut off, but the auto turn on grates on me every time I am in a quiet mood and start it up (or am on the phone and start it up, etc).

Fastnf and Kerbe like this.
  2. Hedge

Hedge New Member

Here are mine in no particular order.

No way to set auto hold on automatically
    No true one pedal driving
    When I want to open the passenger car door, and it is locked if the drivers door is unlock when I press the unlock button on the passenger door it locks the car
    When charging hasn't finished having to unlock the car to remove the charge cable regardless if the car is locked or not.
    Not being able to lock the doors while the key fob is outside of the car and it is running.

3. RDA

RDA Member

4. RDA

RDA Member

You must have something set wrong. I have had my car for over a year and I have never had the radio come on when I turn the car on. I do turn the radio off before exiting the vehicle.

5. Thanks for the tip, RDA, it got me to RTFM! I found this in the UVO system manual on page 1-6: Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 10.14.07 AM.png
    This implies I can't actually force it to be off .

I played with settings though and now it does stay off...even when I return the settings to what they were! I am going to chalk this up to some weird flipped bit someplace that messing with the sound settings fixed.

There are some cool features in that menu, including one that adjusts sound up or down with vehicle speed. I am going to try that out.

6. Paul Humphrey

Paul Humphrey New Member

I feel the same. I have learned to remember to switch off the audio prior to turning off the car so it is off for when I start back up next time.

In my Fiat 500e there is an option to change the default so the radio doesn’t come on when you switch on. If my Niro has that I haven’t found it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs